10 Ways to Use the Essential Oil Marjoram from doTERRA
Marjoram – Essential Oil
With its calming properties and positive effect on the human immune and nervous systems, Marjoram was once known as a symbol of joy and happiness in ancient cultures.
How many of us have heard of the essential oil Marjoram? Probably a few but, did you know that Marjoram has been used since ancient times? It’s a perennial herb which has been grown in and around the Mediterranean area for its culinary and medicinal values. Taste-wise, it has a delicate sweet-flavor, and slightly spicy taste; but much easier on the taste buds than say its cousin oregano.
I know you’re saying, ‘that’s all great and everything, but how do I use it?’
Glad you asked, here’s 10 ways to use Marjoram that you will leave you both amazed and ready to get some for yourself.
10 Amazing Ways the Essential Oil Marjoram Can Help:
- Stress Relief – Add to your bath to ease and soak away stress.
- Sedative – Instead of counting sheep, diffuse at bedtime to promote restful sleep.
- Taste Enhancer – Add to olive oil for an herbal punch of flavor. Yummy in bread dips!
- Stomachic – Marjoram oil can help keep your stomach in proper working order.
- Soother – Rub on the bottom of your child’s feet to soothe fussiness and restlessness.
- Immune Booster – Put one drop into a 4 fluid oz drink to support your immune system.
- Nerve Invigorator – Use aromatically, topically, or internally to calm and support the nervous system.
- Muscle Relaxation – Dilute with fractionated coconut oil then rub on stressed muscles before and after you exercise.
- Vasodilator – When taken internally, marjoram offers cardiovascular support- for the ticker.
- Respiration – Drop on the wall of the shower to support respiratory function and clear airways.
We’d love to hear which of these amazing ways has helped you and please share with us other ideas and uses for Marjoram.